25 Things to do Instead of Stressing Out About the US Presidential Election
It’s election day in the United States of America. Say what you will about 2020… it certainly has been fantastic for voter turnout! With early votes blowing 2016’s total votes out of the water!
It’s also been a bang-up year for blood pressure and heartbreak.
If you are wisely choosing to take a break from consuming social media, and avoiding watching the election results roll in, but not sure how to occupy your brain — here is a list of things you can do instead of consuming massive amounts of stress producing prediction, commentary and toxic reactivity.
- Bake cookies
- Bake bread
- Bake a cake
- Basically just bake something that takes a bunch of time and focus and makes your house smell good, so that when you comfort eat it later it will have taken up hours to create…and consumed your attention for a while.
- Organize your kitchen junk drawer
- Get out the sewing machine and turn those old sheets into a cool new duvet cover
- Crochet a hat
- Crochet a mask (be sure to line it with a real mask, or 7 layers of carbon or whatever they’re recommending these days… because crocheting has holes!)
- Paint a picture of something happy
- Better yet, watch old videos of Bob Ross and paint happy little trees and clouds along with his soothing voice. Then follow that with a nap (I always do!)
11. Call your grandmother. She could use a phone call… it’s been a long year for her too.
12. Teach yourself how to play Banjo
13. See if you can out-write Alexander Hamilton (Do it on paper like he did or it doesn’t count!)
14. Watch an episode of Glow Up on Netflix, and then see if you can create your own amazing makeup looks using food items… or makeup I guess. Yeah, I suppose you could use makeup. Makeup is probably the better choice. Do what you want.
16. Take another nap
17. Get out into nature! Take a hike! Forest bathe!
18. Meditate on world peace
19. Do yoga
20. Play board games
21. Pretend to be a cat… they always seem relaxed…
22. Rearrange the furniture and art in your house or apartment
23. Write a letter to 2019 you
24. Make a list of things to do instead of consuming massive amounts of stress producing prediction, commentary and toxic reactivity.
25. Listen to uplifting episodes of The Changed Podcast!
Whatever you choose to spend your time on, give yourself a lot of love this week. Everybody benefits when you are rested, happy and well taken care of, so take some time to make choices that show yourself a bit of love and care.